The LEED Green Building Rating System serves as a scorecard for the design, construction, and operation of green certified buildings. The type of pavement that is selected (concrete vs. asphalt), alone, can contribute directly to LEED credits
Credits can be earned in the following ways:
- Porous asphalt systems can earn credit for storm water management
- Light-colored asphalt helps to control the urban heat island effect
- The ability to recycle asphalt pavement and the use of asphalt with high percentages of reclaimed asphalt pavement make asphalt eligible for credits under the materials and resources heading
- The use of locally produced asphalt pavement material can earn credits for materials and resources
- Warm-mix asphalt offers several advantages which support sustainable development
- When all these factors are taken into consideration, asphalt pavements can contribute to more LEED credits than other pavement types.
Click here to find out how U.S. Pave applies these sustainable asphalt measures to existing and new construction projects.
Posted on behalf of
U.S. Pave is a full-service paving maintenance and installation company serving all of Florida with Parking Lot Maintenance, New Asphalt Construction, Asphalt Patching and Repair, Parking Lot Crack Repair, Pothole Repair, Parking Lot Resurfacing (Overlay), Parking Lot Sealcoating or Resealing, Concrete Maintenance, Concrete Flatwork, Concrete Car Stops, Flow line / Curb & Gutter, Trip-hazard Removal/Grinding, Parking Lot Striping, Signage, Bollards, ADA Compliance and Upgrades, Catch Basins, Sweeping and Porter Services.
Whether you’re in need of a small repair or a new construction project, U.S. Pave's dedicated team has you covered.
For more information on our services contact us today at (954) 210-7481.